In using the Site, you are prohibited from any resale or commercial use of the Site or any Content (as defined below); any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Site or any Content; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. The Site or any portion of the Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Goodyear Brakes. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other intellectual property or proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Goodyear Brakes or our business affiliates without the express written consent of Goodyear Brakes. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Goodyear Brakes name or trademarks without the express written consent of Goodyear Brakes. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of any intellectual property or proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from your unauthorized use of the Site.
Unless otherwise specified, the Site is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may display, and subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, electronically copy, download, print and copy portions of the material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use. No rights or licenses to the material or any portion thereof are granted, explicitly or impliedly, and you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, republish, display or transmit any Content without the prior written permission of Goodyear Brakes.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise noted, the Site and all materials, including trademarks, images, illustrations, designs, buttons, icons, logos, photographs, digital downloads and written and other materials that appear as part of the Site (collectively, the “Content”) are intellectual property owned, controlled or licensed by Goodyear Brakes. You are prohibited from reproducing, reverse engineering, transmitting, disassembling, modifying or creating derivative works with respect to the Site or any Content. Nothing on the Sites is to be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to the use of intellectual property displayed on the Site without the prior written permission of Goodyear Brakes. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Goodyear Brakes and/or its third party providers.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
To notify Goodyear Brakes of a copyright infringement, contact Goodyear Brakes Copyright Agent pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Goodyear Brakes designated Copyright Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement is C. Sullivan, 8223 Village Harbor Drive, Cornelius, NC, 28031. Please provide Goodyear’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(C)(3)):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by the notification, a representative list of such works;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that you request to be removed;
- Contact information including name, address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under the penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright allegedly being infringed.
If, in response to necessary notice of an alleged copyright infringement, Goodyear Brakes removes your content and you believe that your content is not infringing, or you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in the Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement, submitted under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Virginia, USA, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Goodyear Brakes may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider.
Links to Other Websites and Services
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or resources. Goodyear Brakes provides third-party links for your convenience only, and is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from the Site. Links from the Site to any third-party website does not mean that Goodyear Brakes approves, endorses or recommends that site. Goodyear Brakes disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content on any such third-party website. If you decide to access such third-party websites, you acknowledge that you do so entirely at your own risk.
Comments, Feedback, and other Submissions
You may not submit offensive, profane, inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, threatening, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content, or information. Goodyear Brakes reserves the right to remove or edit user-generated content, from time to time, but Goodyear Brakes does not control or direct users’ actions on the Site and hence will not be responsible for user-generated content or information that may be available on the Site.
The Site and all Content, information, services, and products of the Site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, freedom from computer viruses or other harmful components, and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Goodyear Brakes makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Content and assumes no liability or responsibility for errors, mistakes or omissions in the Content or personal injury or property damage of any kind arising out of the use of or inability to use the Sites.
You acknowledge, by your use of the Site, that your use of the Site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of the Site, and that Goodyear Brakes will not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of the Sites. Goodyear makes no warranty that (i) the Site will meet your requirements; (ii) access to the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable; (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site or pursuant to your use of the Site will meet your expectations; (v) any errors on the Site will be corrected; or (vi) the Site or services on which they are hosted are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain warranties, so all or a portion of the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Goodyear Brakes be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages of any kind, under any contract, negligence, strict liability, tort, or other theory, including but not limited to damages from loss of profits, use, data, or other intangibles, even if Goodyear Brakes had been advised of such damages. In particular, and without limitation, Goodyear Brakes will not be liable for the damages of any kind resulting from the use of or the inability to use the Site or from any Content posted on the Site by Goodyear Brakes or anyone else. Goodyear Brakes does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any user-generated content displayed, uploaded, posted on any message board, or otherwise distributed through the Site and will not be liable for any damages resulting from user-generated content. However, nothing in this paragraph will be interpreted to affect the individual product warranties that are standard for Goodyear Brakes products.
Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site or the Content is to stop using the Site. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain damages, the above limitations may not apply to you. You agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk and you shall be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from access, browsing, or use of the Site, or the downloading or use of any materials, data, text or images from the Site.
The Site, and any documents issued by Goodyear Brakes and available through the Sites, may contain statements which constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. The words “aims,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “predicts,” “projects,” or “targets,” as well as other words or expressions of similar meaning, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements also include statements or other passages primarily relevant to expected future events or that can only be evaluated by events that will occur in the future. These forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management at the time the statements are made and neither represents predictions nor guarantees of future events or circumstances. There are a variety of factors, many of which are beyond Goodyear Brakes control, that affect its operations, performance, business strategy and results and could cause its actual results and experience to differ materially from the assumptions, expectations and objectives expressed in any forward-looking statements.
Goodyear Brakes makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in countries outside the USA or Canada and prohibits access from territories where the Content is illegal. Those who choose to access the Site from locations outside the USA or Canada do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the materials will be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Virginia.
In any action against Goodyear Brakes arising from the use of the Site, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover all legal fees and expenses incurred in connection with the action, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
Goodyear Brakes respects individual privacy, and we value the confidence of our associates, customers, vendors and others with whom we do business. Goodyear Brakes strives to process Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which we do business.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code Section 1798. Visit our Your California Privacy Rights section for more information.
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
“Personally Identifiable Information” means any information or set of information, whether alone or in combination with other Personally Identifiable Information, gathered, processed, used or stored by Goodyear Brakes that is sufficient to identify an individual. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is anonymous, nor does it include publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personally Identifiable Information.
Some functions of our websites may request that you voluntarily supply Goodyear Brakes with PII including, but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, vehicle type, and physical address for purposes such as initiating a purchase, arranging for services, requesting feedback on products and services, participating in online surveys, and otherwise communicating with you. In those instances, you may decline to provide your PII, but as a result you may not be able to access or use those features. Goodyear Brakes also may retain electronic communications you send to customer service representatives or other contact us requests.
Goodyear Brakes website tracks information about visits to the site. For example, statistics are compiled that show the daily requests received for particular files on a site, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used to customize the Goodyear Brakes website, and may also be provided to others.
The Goodyear Brakes site may use “cookies” or “web beacons.” A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may be stored on your computer, device or system. Cookies allow us to better serve visitors to our website by offering a tailored experience. A “web beacon,” also referred to as a “spotlight” or “pixel tag,” is used to recognize unique cookies and assist us in determining which advertisements bring users to a specific website or page. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. If you decline to accept the cookie, it will also disable the web beacon. Cookies collect information that might relate to you, your preferences, or your device. This information is used to make the site work as you expect it to, provide a more personalized web experience, connect you with social media networks, and tailor advertising to better match your interests.
Information Goodyear Brakes collects may be stored on third party data storage systems, and in those instances, Goodyear Brakes requires those third parties to employ security practices and systems designed to protect the security of the information.
Goodyear Brakes and third parties acting on Goodyear Brakes behalf may use the PII you give to Goodyear for purposes such as:
- User registration
- Processing, recording, and tracking a purchase, payment, return, warranty or rebate
- Inviting your participation in online surveys
- Requesting feedback on products and services
- Otherwise communicating with you through various channels.
Promotions and offers you receive may be based on information you provide in response to surveys, information you provide in connection with product inquiries, transactions conducted through or facilitated by our website, or other communications made to or through the Goodyear Brakes website. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from Goodyear, please adjust your communications preferences by emailing us your request (click here). Goodyear Brakes will use reasonable efforts to address all requests to remove names from any postal mail or email lists.
Goodyear Brakes will not disclose PII to third parties, other than as we may inform you, including as described in this Policy or where such disclosure is required by law or is in relation to a judicial or government action or investigation.
Goodyear Brakes may disclose PII to third parties that assist Goodyear Brakes in promoting and marketing its products and services; storing and analyzing the PII; conducting user and consumer ratings, reviews and surveys; communicating with you on Goodyear Brakes behalf; and processing and fulfilling requested transactions, including warranty information and product returns; and as otherwise necessary to provide promotional communications or services to website users and customers.
Goodyear Brakes does not otherwise sell or rent PII to other persons or entities unless specifically disclosed at the point of collection.
Goodyear Brakes website may contain links to non-Goodyear Brakes sites, and we make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, Goodyear Brakes is not responsible for the content of or the privacy practices employed by non-Goodyear Brakes sites.
Goodyear Brakes does not knowingly collect any PII (such as name, address and telephone number) from children under 13 years of age through our website. Goodyear does not allow children under 13 to register for or participate in contests or promotions on this site. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that child has provided Goodyear Brakes with PII, that parent or guardian should contact Goodyear Brakes if they want this information deleted from Goodyear Brakes systems. If Goodyear Brakes obtains knowledge that it has PII about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, Goodyear Brakes will delete that information from existing files. In addition, anyone under 18 years of age should seek his or her parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any PII on this site.
By using the Goodyear Brakes site, you signify your assent to this Online Privacy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use this site. Goodyear Brakes reserves the right, at Goodyear Brakes discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean that you accept those changes.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a Consumer in the State of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), applicable in the State of California as of January 1, 2020, may give you additional rights with regard to the information we gather about you. These rights are described in this California Addendum.
Consumer: For purposes of this California Addendum, a Consumer is a natural person who is a California resident, as defined in Section 17104 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations. Information about a person relating to their status as an employee or prospective employee, or as a participant in a business-to-business relationship or transaction, is not information about a Consumer within the meaning of the CCPA.
Personally Identifiable Information: For purposes of this California Addendum, Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) means any information covered by the definition of “Personal Information” under the CCPA. Specifically, PII shall mean any information, except Publicly Available PII, that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly-available Personally Identifiable Information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Inferences drawn from any of this information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Publicly Available PII: Publicly Available PII is PII that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records.
Your California Rights
If you are a California Consumer, you have certain rights under the CCPA. These include:
- Right of Disclosure: Upon verifiable written request, and within periods set by applicable law, we will provide you with information regarding the Personally Identifiable Information we gathered about you over the past 12 months, the types of sources from which we obtain the information, the purposes for which the information is gathered, and the types of third parties with which we share or to whom (if any) we sell the information.
- Right of Access: Upon verifiable request, and within periods set by applicable law, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personally Identifiable Information that we hold about you, provided that you establish to our reasonable satisfaction that you are the person whose personal information is requested. We may deny such access where the denial is permitted by applicable law and every request from an individual will be assessed on a case by case basis. In the event a request is denied, we will notify you in writing regarding the reasons for the denial. Consistent with how your Personally Identifiable Information is maintained in the ordinary course of our business, we will provide the information to you in an understandable form, and, to the extent feasible, in a format that permits you to use the information on other systems. We may impose a reasonable charge when a request is made (e.g., for photocopying or postage) to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- Right of Correction: We will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct or amend Personally Identifiable Information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of Deletion: Upon verifiable request or when required or otherwise appropriate, we will delete Personally Identifiable Information we have gathered about you, except to the extent applicable law permits or requires us to maintain that information.
- Do Not Sell Information: Goodyear Brakes does not sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for monetary consideration. We may, however, share Personally Identifiable Information gathered by cookies and similar tools with third parties for marketing and other purposes, including analytics. For more information and to stop this data sharing, please review our Online Privacy.
To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we will require sufficient information to allow us to confirm the identity of the individual making the request before granting access or deleting the information.
We will not discriminate against Consumers who exercise their rights under California law. Unless permitted by the CCPA or other applicable laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
However, we may offer financial incentives to you for the collection, sale, or deletion of Personally Identifiable Information. Any such offer will reasonably relate to the value of your Personally Identifiable Information and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in such a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
How Do I Exercise My California Rights?
If you are a California Consumer who wishes to obtain access to or correct, or to direct us to delete, your Personally Identifiable Information, you may:
- Contact us at (877) 438-2757
- Access a web form at https://goodyearbrakes.com/contact/
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State whom you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable Consumer request for access to your information twice within a 12-month period. Any verifiable Consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are (i) the person about whom we collected Personally Identifiable Information or (ii) an authorized representative of that person
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personally Identifiable Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personally Identifiable Information relates to you.
We will only use Personally Identifiable Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request, or to communicate with the requestor about the request.